Friday, 29 June 2012

Life of Leigh-Anne #1

I love having a nosey whenever other bloggers do little posts about what they've been up to so I thought I'd start doing a few myself to see if anyone's interested in the relatively mundane happenings of my life!


So on Thursday I went to see Nicki Minaj at the Manchester Apollo with my friend Melissa. I know she's not to everyone's taste but I adore her and she's an absolute sweetheart, especially when it comes to her fans. I was a little skeptical at first as I watched her set from Hackney Weekend 2012 on BBC3 and she was clearly lip syncing a lot of the songs. I'd heard rumours that none of her performances were 100% live so after over a year of wanting to see her I was scared that these rumours would be a reality for me. But alas I can now dispel these rumours! As soon as she came on stage she did Roman's Revenge and you could tell straight away that there were no lip syncing shenanigans.


She was absolutely brilliant, it was one of the most energetic shows that I've ever been to and everyone was left with a smile on their face! I tried to get some decent photos but I took my little Hitachi camera that only cost about £15, so that plus the amount of dancing both Nicki and myself were doing meant that I hardly got any decent pictures! Needless to say it was one of the best gigs that I've ever been to so I got tickets for her October tour as soon as they went on sale this morning! What can I say? I love her and it's not every month that there's an opportunity to wear her Viva Glam lipstick without looking crazy.


The grand finale complete with a confetti cannon!
Besides seeing Nicki I'd had a relatively disappointing week so as soon as my grant from university came in I nipped into town to treat myself. I went into Boots and got two Barry M nail polishes in Pink Flamingo and Berry Ice Cream as well as a gold nail effects polish for over the top. Together they cost around £10 but I love Barry M, they look really good and last for a long time so they're completely worth it! Also, being the film buff that I am, I've decided to get into the rather expensive process of converting from DVD to Blu-Ray so I'm always on the look out for bargains. St. Helens recently got a 'That's Entertainment', if you haven't been in one it's a little like CEX, only it sells both new and pre owned DVDs, CDs, Blu-Rays and games. So I went in to have a look around and I couldn't believe it when I saw that they had a 2 for £5 offer on certain brand new Blu-Rays! I chose Submarine and Blue Valentine because they were two films that I've wanted to see for such a long time.

L-R: Barry M's Pink Flamingo, Gold Nail Effects and Berry Ice Cream. Submarine and Blue Valentine.

What have you been up to this week?

SHARE:

16 comments

  1. This is a lovely post, you're so pretty! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see Nicki in cocert, so lucky! Would love it if you check out my blog giveaway!

    http://riley-ellise.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her last album didn't do it for me much, I was quite dissapointed actually... I like her fearlessnes when it comes to fashion

    xx
    meinmode.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  4. "As soon as my grant from University came in, I nipped into town to treat myself" hahaha <3 I do exaaactly this every time I get mine :) lovely post dear xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh how exciting you got to see her in concert! I love the pictures you got :33

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah looks fun! I'd love to see her. Tickets are sold out for her dublin date. So jealous. Amazin' post. If you get a sec, I have a new post up about the Prequel for SATC! Would love to know what you think hun.

    Your new follower, Eimear x

    http://supposeishouldblog.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a bit of Nicki! Gorgeous polishes too, the colours are lovely XO.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i listen to a bit of every type of music. tho i'm not the biggest rap/hip hop fan, i do think nicki is talented! glad to hear her concert was fun and that she didn't lip sync. lovin those bright nail colors as well =))

    cool blog, keep in touch! <3


    -Joyce
    carouselstreet.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucky you seeing Nicki! I went to the Jay Z concert and was hoping she would come out but she didnt!

    http://whatkimmididnext.blogspot.co.uk/
    @WhatKimiDidNext

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the nail colours! Sounds like a brilliant concert :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those polishes.
    Just followed your blog. <3 it.
    http://maggiemunster.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd love to see Nicki live. There is something about a going to see a live performance that I love. Even if it is for someone that I don't normally listen to, given the chance I will be there in a minute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. honestly, i'm not a fan of nicki minaj. i can't stand her -- no matter how nice of a person she is to her fans. ha ha i guess that's just the hipster in me -- i can't stand mainstream music! but you are so gosh darn pretty, and i totally adore your blog!!

    -alexandra
    http://alexisinodak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my god Blue Valentine is just incredible. Completely mind-blowing. You'll either love it or hate it, but it's undeniably brilliant.

    Much love,
    Gill
    Gillian, Etc
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading each and every single one of your lovely comments! If you have any questions I'll make sure that I get back to you.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig