Monday, 18 June 2012

Sally Hansen 'Hard as Nails' Review


Over the past few years one of my 'go to' products has always been Sally Hansen's 'Hard as Nails'. My nails tend to dry out and crack if I don't look after them properly or if I fall into the bad habit of putting nail polish on without applying an undercoat first and I can guarantee that every time I need something to save them I turn to Hard as Nails.

The back of the packet says 'Sally Hansen HARD AS NAILS WITH NYLON protects your nails against housework, water, detergents and everyday hazards. HARD AS NAILS WITH NYLON forms a super strong, super smooth coating that reinforces the nail surface, edge and tip to help protect against chipping, splitting and breaking. Added silk protein fortifies nails. When used regularly HARD AS NAILS WITH NYLON will ensure that your nails are always protected and thus help them to grow longer, stronger and naturally more beautiful. Available in Clear and Natural.'

I've found that you only need 1-2 coats otherwise it becomes too thick and peels off very easily, especially if you've just had a hot shower or bath. My nails were at an average length but they were cracked and dry. After I filed them down a little I applied just two coats of Hard as Nails to each one then I waited a week and the results can be seen on the picture! I have quite thin nails which break really easily and go very brittle if I have my hands in water so Hard as Nails is a must have if your nails are in a similar condition because it definitely reinforces your nail and makes it harder to break. It also makes them grow a little (there's a growth specific Sally Hansen product but it costs twice the price of this one). As you can see I opted for the 'clear' option as opposed to the 'natural', which has a pink tint to it. This is because I sometimes use it as a top coat when I use nail polish, I also use it as a base coat because it protects and strengthens your nails.

I'd definitely recommend it if you want to improve your nail strength!
What's your favourite nail product?

I bought my Sally Hansen's 'Hard as Nails' from Boots for £4.75.
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I really need to buy this! Great post :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have rubbish thin nails too and love this stuff! As a topcoat is makes my polish last ages.

    I've had great results with Burt's Bees Cuticle Butter. I know it sounds like it's just for cuticles, but after just a few weeks of rubbing this in my nails are so much stronger. Try it (and do a review!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want to find the colour i have on now love the products

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful article! This is the type of information that are supposed to be shared across
    the web. Disgrace on the seek engines for no longer positioning
    this post higher! Come on over and discuss with my site
    . Thanks =)
    My webpage ; chia seeds weight loss

    ReplyDelete
  5. This page talks about several effective ways through which you can
    get rid of skin tags. Once you do, you will know which
    type of remover to buy that will not irritate your
    skin. You might notice some swelling in different parts of your body.


    Also visit my web-site :: removing skin tags with nail polish

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just could not leave your web site prior to suggesting
    that I really enjoyed the standard info a person supply on your guests?
    Is going to be again continuously to check up on new posts

    Here is my web blog - Http://Asthmasymptomshq.
    Org (Http://Www.Aavso.Org/Moin/Tips_And_Tricks_To_Get_Your_Allergies_Under_Control)

    ReplyDelete
  7. (Click here to learn more about overtraining) This step
    also includes motivation and dedication. You can readily adopt a complete training plan that allows you to work
    on all of your muscle groups. This is why one needs
    to exercise regularly to gain muscle mass.

    Also visit my blog post; how to gain weight the healthy way ()

    ReplyDelete
  8. Learn about where to find templates, how to use shortcuts for tasks like adding an accent mark,
    how to insert and modify graphics, and more.
    He discovered that putting the plastic at the right distance from the
    lens for tighter shots from Shawn's point-of-view rendered slightly distorted images with a hint of grain, which amplified the look that he and director Manika desired. This meant we had to pull back, and that decision ultimately worked better for the film we wound up making.

    Here is my web-site :: how to draw anime

    ReplyDelete
  9. A large number of people keep on trying to create free blogs that are submitted to the popular blog
    sites in order to improve their webpage ranking. To do this,
    first select one of the Hotspot tools from the Pictures toolbar.
    For that reason, the web hosting fee is directly related to the amount of
    space you purchase.

    my blog: how to make a Game on a website *http://howtomakeawebsitehq.org*

    ReplyDelete
  10. treatment for fatty liver disease in alcoholics treatment for fatty liver disease in alcoholics treatment for fatty liver disease in alcoholics

    Take a look at my page :: what to eat when you have fatty liver disease

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have more confidence than ever, feel absolutely great,
    and wake up everyday with a smile on my face. You can readily adopt a complete training
    plan that allows you to work on all of your muscle groups.
    How to gain weight for skinny
    guys is about attitude, exercise, nutrition, and rest.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading each and every single one of your lovely comments! If you have any questions I'll make sure that I get back to you.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig