Monday, 5 October 2015

September 2015 Digest


I don't know about you guys, but September absolutely flew by for me. I got to spend a day with my lovely friend Dan (who lives too far away, if you ask me), had two blissful weeks off work, added six Pop! Vinyls to my collection, bought some new make up for the first time in forever, and I reignited my love of Harry Potter. I thought that I'd start off the post with a little bit of Instagram lovin'. I think the main theme of this month's posts is socks, I've started stocking up on cosy ones in preparation for Autumn/Winter. I'd like to give a shoutout to Primark for putting my spirit Princess, LSP, on a sock!


As you probably know, I'm a film boffin, so I can't not mention what I've been watching. Embarrassingly I only viewed a rather measly 14 films this month. I began by paying tribute to the master of genre Wes Craven, who passed away at the end of August, by watching the Scream quadrilogy. I can't recommend the first one enough, it's a holy grail for every horror film fan. The only other films from my September viewing that I'll recommend are Me and Earl and the Dying Girl (easily one of the best films that 2015 has produced) and The Grand Budapest Hotel (which I have watched several times at this point.) 


If you read my last post you'll be aware that I've regressed back into my 10 year old self and I'm on a little bit of a Harry Potter binge. I finished Philosopher's Stone and moved onto Chamber of Secrets, so we'll see how far I get with my Hogwarts adventure by the end of October. I also read Stranger Child by Rebecca Abbott, which I wasn't particularly impressed by but hey, it was free on Amazon Prime, and The Lie by CL Taylor which was quite a gripping read and I believe is only 99p on Kindle.

How did September go for your guys? Please recommend any films or books that you think that I should have in my life! I'm super excited that it's October now, I've always loved Halloween more than Christmas and I adore 'miserable' weather (it's actually chucking it down as I type this), so it's bound to be a fun month for me. I know that I teased the fact that I've got some new Pop! Vinyls and make up at the beginning of this post, so expect some updates on them very soon. Let me know your October plans by tweeting me or leaving a comment!

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. SO MUCH LOVE for Harry Potter! It's literally my favourite book series and will remain that way forever! I'm interested in that new HP cover, I've not seen it before! Scream was also one of my favourite horror films - I don't know how I feel about this Netflix series based on it...


    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've (ashamedly) lost my first editions with the artwork that we're all familiar with, so I found this box set with this gorgeous art on Amazon! I haven't watched the Scream series yet either, the films end up being carbon copies of each other, so I doubt that the series is going to be 100% original either...

      Delete
  2. LSP is also my spirit princess! Me & my brother are obsessed with her. I'm gonna have to buy me a pair of those socks! Nice one primark.
    Great post, September did go by SO fast! All excited for Halloween now, have a good one!
    Bea xoxo
    tattydays.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I love reading each and every single one of your lovely comments! If you have any questions I'll make sure that I get back to you.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig