Monday, 31 October 2016

Mondo Revamp

Before I even get into this post I have to start by saying Happy Halloween! Halloween is easily my favourite day of the year and has been since I was little. Every year I used to celebrate by wearing a bin bag, plastic vampire dentures and fake witch fingers, because that was a legitimately acceptable costume back in the 90s. Anywho, back to business. I got back into blogging at the end of last year and, even though I really enjoyed it, something felt a little off. After taking a rather extended break this year, I came to the realisation that I didn't like writing under a blog title that I wasn't even keen on back in 2012 when I first created it. For those of you who care to remember (P.S. I love you if you do), this blog used to be called Violence & Fashion. A title I took from a line that I liked in Morrissey's cover of Raymonde's No One Can Hold a Candle to You. Long story short, I chose it because it made me think of my main man Morrissey and also had a lyric about fashion (which I wanted to blog about) in it. Clutching a straws, I know. So, without further ado, I now present you with mondo divine.



I wanted something to reflect my two main interests; film and beauty, and the fact that the two hardly go hand in hand presented me with a little bit of a challenge. After much deliberation I came up with a title that is rather John Waters inspired. Waters is my favourite film director/spirit animal, so I had to pay homage to him in some way and one of his first films was Mondo Trasho (1969), in which he himself paid homage to the 'Mondo' films of the 1960s. Mondo itself means something striking or remarkable, so it's always nice to have your writing referred to as these things. The latter half of the title refers to Waters' longtime friend and collaborator Divine, who most of you will know as the drag queen that played Edna Turnblad in the original Hairspray (1988). I think that every aspect of Divine was beautiful, from his eyebrows to who he was as a person, and who doesn't want a name like Divine? So, there you have it, mondo divine was born. My content will still be the same, mainly featuring; film, lifestyle, beauty, collectable, and craft posts, I just needed a bit of a revamp.

Anyway, thank you for reading my ramblings, and I hope that you stick around for more!

Follow
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading each and every single one of your lovely comments! If you have any questions I'll make sure that I get back to you.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig